Grand Central Atelier Registration Policies
Deposit payments are due upon registration. The final balance due date is listed on the individual workshop page. As long as there is still space in a studio, a student may still register up until noon on Friday before a workshop begins. Registration is first come, first served.
Payment is due upon registration. Installment plans, if indicated, are for online credit card payments only and are automatically deducted one month after the initial payment. Cash and check payments are to be paid in full upon registration. As long as there is still space in a studio, a student may still register up until noon on Friday before a studio begins. Registration is first come, first served.
Upon receipt of payment and registration, the Registrar will send a confirmation email/receipt. If payment has been received after registration is already full, it will be refunded. Please allow at least 2 business days for confirmation.
Accepted Forms of Payment
Cash, checks, credit card and wire transfers (for international students)
Please use the link provided to you on the website.
Make payable to Grand Central Atelier.
Mail checks to:
Grand Central Atelier
4606 11th Street
LIC, NY 11101
There is a $35 fee for returned checks. You must subsequently pay by cash or credit card.
Do not mail cash. Please arrange for a time with the Registrar to deliver payment in person.
GCA instructor/model/weather cancellations
GCA reserves the right to substitute instructors or models at the last minute or during the session for either a workshop or part-time studio.
In case of individual classes canceled during a session, GCA will schedule a make-up and send out email notification. Every effort will be made to book the same model and instructor but sometimes a substitute may have to be arranged. We will only offer credits or refunds if no make-up is scheduled for a canceled session.
Workshop Cancellation Policy
Workshops are subject to change, sometimes on short notice.
- If GCA cancels a workshop, student will receive 100% refund.*
- If a student cancels more than four weeks before start: ** partial refund
- If a student cancels four weeks or fewer, but more than five business days before start: credit towards future workshops minus cancellation fee.
- If a student cancels five days or fewer start date: 0% refund
*Please note GCA is not responsible for any fees associated with a student having to cancel or change travel plans, including hotel and flight if GCA cancels a workshop or changes its schedule.
**$50 deposit will be withheld for each week of the workshop from your credit or refund. ($50 withheld for one week or less workshop; $100 for two week; $200 for four weeks).
No refund or credit is given for student absences during the course of the workshop.
Part-time Cancellation Policy
- If a student withdraws from a class with less than 48 hours notice (or after 5pm on a Friday for Mon/Tues), a $50 cancellation fee will be charged for each month of the session. The remaining balance can be used as credit towards an available future class or workshop. Credit is good for one year.
- If a student withdraws from a class before 48 hours (or before 5pm on a Friday for Mon/Tues), a $35 cancellation fee will be charged for each month of the session. The remaining balance can either be used as credit or refunded. Credit is good one year.
- If a student withdraws from a class at any time after the class’ start date, the student is required to pay 100% of the tuition. There is no refund or credit.
Refunds for Part-time Studios
There are no refunds or credits for student absences for either a regular or make-up class. Any other refunds or credits must have approval from the Administration.
Grand Central Atelier is a United States non-profit 501c(3) and admits students of any race, age, color and national or ethnic origin.